I work with children of all ages and their families, and I am passionate about promoting their academic, social, and emotional success. I strive to provide a unique understanding of a child’s strengths and weaknesses by providing strengths based neurodevelopmental assessments for learning disabilities, ADHD, social/emotional concerns, academic excellence, and early childhood/kindergarten readiness. Your child and I will work together from start to finish, and my reports focus on truly understanding your child’s learning in order for those around them to help them flourish.
My counseling specialties include helping children with concerns related to managing strong emotions, anxiety, depression, oppositional/behavioral management, anger management, and social skills. I also provide parent coaching and support in developing better relationships within your family. I utilize a positive, strength-based, and skills-focused approach with evidence-based practices.
As a mom of three boys, her personal hobbies and interests include spending time with her family, reading, traveling, being outdoors, listening to music, and watching movies.
Training and Education
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Virginia
- Master of Arts Degree in Psychology from the Citadel
- Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology from The Citadel
- School psychologist for Iredell-Statesville County School System
- 17 + years in private practice
- Member of the private schools admission testing committee (CAIS)
- Prior board member for the International Dyslexia Association of North Carolina
Areas of Expertise
- Neurodevelopmental Assessments
- School Admissions Testing
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten Readiness Assessments
- Talent Development Assessments
- Learning Disabilities
- Anger Management
- Social Skills Development
- School Consultations and Intervention Meetings