Dr. Heidi Limbrunner
I am a clinical psychologist working with children, adolescents and adults in the Charlotte area for over 15 years. My areas of specialty include dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), eating disorders, self-harm behaviors, anxiety and depression. I especially enjoy working with teenagers, young adults and their families.
I have extensive experience in DBT and have led DBT group for teens and their families for over fifteen years. DBT can be an effective form of therapy for individuals that struggle with emotional regulation, self-harm behaviors, and depression/anxiety.
In addition to therapy, I also provide academic and psychological assessment. These assessments help in identifying potential learning or attention differences and provide recommendations on how to best help your child be successful in the classroom. Additionally, I conduct assessments that assist in diagnostic clarification in individuals of all ages.
As a therapist, my approach is warm, directive and interactive. I believe it's important in working with children and adolescents, that family is involved, as appropriate, in the process.
Training and Education
- Board Certified Clinical Psychologist (ABPP)
- 15 + years in private practice
- Member of the private school’s admission testing committee (CAIS)
- Prior director of Center for Eating Disorders at Levine Children’s Hospital
- Past presenter at Academy of Eating Disorder, International Eating Disorder Professionals, and Academy of Eating Disorders conferences.
- PsyPact provider (I can provide teletherapy to clients in many states. Please use this link to determine if your state qualifies https://psypact.org)
- Licensed in North Carolina & South Carolina
Areas of Expertise
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, and ARFID)
- Family Based Treatment for Eating Disorders
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Psychoeducational and Psychological Assessments
- School Admissions Testing
- Self-Harm Behaviors/Suicidal Ideation
- Borderline Personality Disorder/Features
- Anger Management